Saturday 11 February 2017

T2: Trainspotting (2017)

So after watching La La Land I had 40 minutes to chill until my next film; T2: Trainspotting, the eagerly awaited (by some) sequel to the Danny Boyle classic Trainspotting. Narrowly avoiding the crowd of middle aged women storming into Fifty Shades of Grey, I took my seat (slightly inhibited might I add) to watch a sequel I never knew I wanted, but was glad is here now.

Let me just start by saying its not as good as the first film. Obviously. I also don't think its as good as the other Irvine Welsh adaptation 'Filth', starring James McAvoy in the lead role. So calling this the 'third best film' in my so-called 'Welsh Trilogy' seems a bit harsh because it's an enjoyable film - just not as good as the two films that preceded it.

The story was a little bit weak, concentrating a little too much on nostalgia rather than plot, yet if you're a big enough fan of the first one I'm sure you wouldn't mind. This film is definitely a sequel rather than an individual film. Sometimes you have sequels you can watch without seeing the first one, this is not one of those films.

The acting is good all round, sometimes the accents can be a nuisance to understand but I'm not sure if that's because of the director, the editor, the actors or me being slightly pissed. However can't get away from some really nice moments, especially between Frank and his family.

The film wasn't bad. I'm not sure it was good either, but it wasn't what I would call a memorable experience. Although I saw this film yesterday, I can easily remember more moments from teh first film (I watched many months ago) than this one. If you liked the first one, go see it, although it might be best avoided if you haven't seen the original.

My Score: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. Have you stopped these again? Damn shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not, I have moved to a website I am working for instead of writing independent
    https://www.studentpages.biz/category/entertainment/

    ReplyDelete