Saturday 27 February 2016

Deadpool (2016) Review

Deadpool is a f*cking funny film. Is it a good film? Not particularly, but is it super funny? You bet your tight, red-spandex ass it is.

Deadpool is a film I have been waiting for, for what seems like, an eternity. I have read Deadpool comics since I was young (nice job Mum) and have grown up with his bent, mad, insane humour that I have come to expect and love.

Ryan Reynolds is great, you can tell he is not just committed to the role - he is the role, he is a living and breathing Deadpool. His humour works well with Deadpool and you lose track of what's Deadpool's humour and what is Ryan Reynolds humor, a lot of the time it's both.

Deadpool is not a perfect movie, apart from being funny and a new take on an old concept, superhero movies (a concept we've seen sooooooooo much recently), granted - carries the movie, however when you dissect it and see beyond the humor what is there? Not that much - but that's not an issue. Deadpool knows what it is and doesn't try to exceed it. It's not looking for awards, it's looking for entertainment and boy does it deliver.

A couple of jokes fell flat, but when the jokes hit - they hit. The humor is funny, gross and laugh out loud hysterical and despite a lot of the jokes being for shock value, I still found myself shocked and laughing upon my second view in cinemas, as was the rest of the audience. Not for the faint of hearted, Deadpool is a graphically obscene, hysterical comedy and I can't wait to see the sequel.

My score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment